International travel and work opportunities have become a fundamental aspect of globalization.

The International Experience Canada (IEC) is a government program designed to help you gain valuable international work experience and improve your language skills in English and French.

Navigating the intricacies of this program can sometimes be challenging. That’s where IEC-recognized organizations step in. Professional organizations offer application guidance and support for international travel, including help with complex forms and document collection. They also handle travel logistics for a smooth and hassle-free experience. When considering working with an immigration consultant, it’s important to find out if it is an IEC-recognized organization.

Benefits of International Experience Canada (IEC) Programs

Repeat Participation

Maybe you’ve fallen in love with Canada and want to stay longer. Repeat Participation is for those who have previously participated in IEC and want to secure a new IEC work permit. This includes scenarios such as:

  • You are currently in Canada, and your work permit will expire soon, but you wish to extend your stay.
  • You had an IEC permit in the past, you are back in your home country, and you’d like to return to Canada using an IEC work permit, but you are no longer eligible under the regular IEC rules.

Keep in mind that if you are currently in Canada, to qualify for Repeat Participation, you must have a valid status. IEC work permits cannot be extended, so make sure to apply for an extension as a visitor if your work permit is about to expire.

If you’ve already used up your maximum allowed participations under a youth mobility agreement between your home country and Canada, you might still have a chance for another IEC work permit through recognized organizations, allowing you to extend your stay in Canada. But, this option is offered by only two organizations, Stepwest and Go, with costs of CAD $4,000 or more, so it’s best suited for those who are committed to staying in Canada and have limited alternatives.

Requirements to Participate

To start your IEC journey, you need to meet specific requirements:

  • Valid Passport: Hold a valid passport from any of the IEC countries.
  • Age Criteria: Be between the ages of 18 and 35. Even if your nationality allows applications until 30 years old, IEC has a broader age range.
  • Consultation: Complete an individual consultation with our team to ensure we can help.

Services Provided by IEC-Recognized Organizations

Application Guidance and Support

IEC-recognized organizations extend a guiding hand throughout the application process. Their expertise ensures that aspiring international travellers complete their applications. When you find yourself in a new country, it’s important to have the right information to help you get around. Organizations that are recognized by the IEC can provide you with the essential knowledge you need.

Travel Arrangements

Travel logistics can be a big task for newcomers to Canada. Recognized organizations like Go International provide invaluable help to foreign nationals in arranging their travel to Canada, ensuring a smooth transition from their home country. They offer a range of travel arrangements to suit various needs. Arrangements like finding short-term jobs abroad and offering assistance with work permits and visa requirements. They also provide access to support networks for a successful experience.

Work Placement Help

Finding the right work placement can be a challenge, especially when you’re new to a country. Canada has organizations to help with any concerns during your stay, plus fees and resources.

Information and Orientation

Navigating a new country requires knowledge, and IEC-recognized organizations provide essential information and orientation services. This includes insights into Canadian culture, legal requirements, and practical tips for settling into a new environment.

Continuous Support

The journey doesn’t end once you’ve arrived in Canada. IEC-recognized organizations are invaluable allies for international travel and work experiences due to their expertise, official recognition, and range of services.

Fees and Allotted Spaces

It’s important to note that IEC-recognized organizations provide their services for a fee. These fees can vary depending on the specific program and services offered by the organization. While the fees are an investment in your international experience, it’s essential to understand what you’ll be paying for and how it aligns with your goals.

Common fees people can expect to pay include:

  • Program Application Fee: This fee covers the cost of processing your application and may vary from one organization to another.
  • Work Permit and Visa Fees: Depending on your program and destination, you may need to pay for work permits and visa applications.
  • Insurance Costs: Health and travel insurance are often required and come with associated costs.
  • Program Support Fee: Some organizations charge a fee for the support and services they provide throughout your international experience.
  • Travel Expenses: Don’t forget to budget for travel expenses such as flights, accommodation, and daily living costs.
  • Miscellaneous Fees: There may be additional fees for specific services or requirements, so it’s essential to review the organization’s fee structure carefully.

Remember, hard work leads to success, and investing in the right support and services can make your journey smoother and more rewarding.

Additionally, keep in mind that the IEC has a set number of spaces, so availability is limited. To secure your place in the program through your chosen organization, it’s essential to plan and apply early, as spots can fill up quickly.

Resources for Further Information

To explore IEC-recognized organizations and their services in more detail, you can visit the official government website dedicated to this topic: IEC Recognized Organizations.

For a wealth of extra information and insights into the IEC program and recognized organizations, consider perusing the following resource:Moving2Canada – IEC Recognized Organizations.

List of Recognized Organizations

  1. AIESEC Canada
  2. GO International Work & Travel Providers
  3. IAESTE Canada
  4. Away to Work
  5. Memorial University of Newfoundland
  6. Step Abroad
  7. SWAP Working Holidays

Get started with your immigration journey today by contacting us.


      1.  What is an IEC-recognized organization?
        IEC-recognized organizations are authorized entities that facilitate international travel, work, and cultural exchange programs for individuals wishing to experience life in Canada.

      2. How can I apply for a work or travel program through these organizations?
        Application procedures may vary by organization, but generally, you can visit their websites and follow their application guidelines. Be prepared to provide personal information and documents as required.

      3. What types of programs do these organizations offer?
        Recognized organizations often offer a range of programs, including work and travel, internships, volunteering, and cultural exchange opportunities.

      4. What are the eligibility criteria for these programs?
        Eligibility criteria can vary but may include factors like age, nationality, educational background, and language proficiency. Check with the specific organization for their requirements.

      5. Are there fees associated with these programs?
        Yes, these organizations typically charge fees for their services. These fees can include application fees, program fees, and additional costs such as insurance and travel expenses.

      6. How long can I stay in Canada through these programs?
        The duration of your stay in Canada depends on the specific program you choose and the type of visa or permit you are granted. Some programs may be short-term, while others can extend for several months.

      7. What support and services do these organizations provide during my stay in Canada?
        These organizations often offer support with visa applications, orientation, accommodation assistance, and access to local networks and resources.

      8. Can I extend my stay or change my program while in Canada?
        Depending on your visa or permit type, it may be possible to extend your stay or switch to a different program. However, this process can involve specific requirements and applications.</p

      9. What should I do if I encounter issues or need assistance during my stay in Canada?
        Contact your hosting organization or the recognized organization you applied through for guidance and support in case of any issues or emergencies.

      10. Are there any cultural expectations or guidelines I should be aware of when participating in these programs?
        Yes, it’s important to be culturally sensitive and respectful of Canadian customs and laws. Familiarize yourself with the local culture and follow any program-specific guidelines provided by the organization.